Saturday, May 2, 2009

More items from Dior and GWP

While I was at the mall last weekend, I ended up at Macys to see if other items from the Dior Cristal collection were available. They did have a display although some of the lip colors were missing and when I asked the SA about it she asked me what colors where being released since she didn't know.....ok.....Anyway, she ended up suggesting I try the Dior Airflash spray foundation. I never had much interest in spray foundation since I thought I would have a horrible time blending or end up spraying myself in the eye but instead of spraying me in the face; the SA sprayed onto a kabuki brush and then used circular strokes to apply the foundation. I ended up liking the dewy finish that it gave me. I normally find that the foundations I've tried leave me looking a bit chalky. The nudeskin liquid foundation was decent but I ended up liking the airflash more. It is mad expensive for a 2.3fl oz can but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

The SA also ended up putting on me the Lip glow color reviver balm which is essentially Dior's answer to Smashbox O-gloss. It comes in a similar packaging to the Shine Addict Lipsticks and has a similar feel on the lips. It goes on clear but after a few seconds it gave me a really deep pink color which I thought was much more flattering than the pink I got from O-gloss. On top of the Lip glow, the SA put on the addict ultra gloss in chiffon beige - a pretty golden beige color although after I brought it home I thought I already had many similar colors so I might go return it at some point.

From the new collection, I purchased the new addict shine lipstick in artist pink- a sheer pink color with pink shimmer to it. I did not find the new addict ultra gloss this time around but I will have to check it out the next time I go to Macys.



Swatch of Artist Pink lipstick and lip glow (L to R: First applied and then after a few seconds; sorry it's a bit blurry in the "after pic))

Since I had purchased 3 items, I ended up getting a gift with purchase. A satin Dior box with a pillow inside. They were offering Dior purfume sets in the box but if you bought 3 items you can get an empty box. It's cute, although I don't know what to put into it yet.

5 comments:

izumi said...

oh that new lipstick shade was so tempting!! glad someone got it :) yay for living vicariously through you blogger ladies, hahah.

an empty box?? gosh..

Whitepiano555 said...

nice ^_^ i love lippies you got.

Stephanie said...

I think I just passed out, gorgeous items!!

Marie. said...

All this Dior talk makes me want to buy Dior! I never thought to check the Macy's counter, I always waited til I went to Sephora. Darn, thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Hi! What a lovely haul!!
I'm keen on the DIOR summer 2009 collection goodies myself!

Yes, especially the new colours of Addict High Shine. Can't wait to get it, hihi... but I must be patient. :p

Pages

Make-up reviews and other ramblings

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Stats