Monday, October 5, 2009

Dior Smoky Crystal palette

I was on the hunt for the Mac volcanic ash mask for a friend so I made a trip to Bloomingdales today. Sadly, no mask was available (The hunt continues!). However, I did spot the new Dior Holiday collection. The display seemed a bit empty but they did have the Smoky Crystal (089) Iridescent palette, the intense liquid eyeliner in Sparkling Purple and the lip gloss pendant. I was grossed out as some woman walking by stuck her finger in the tester for the pendant and immediately applied it to her lips-ick. The lip gloss for the pendant was a very shimmery pink (still contemplating over it). I liked the pendant part but I didn't like the silk cord that it was on.

Anyhoo, I've been wanting to get a shimmery gray eye shadow palette recently and the Smoky Crystal palette fits the bill quite nicely.



Swatches:
Top row: starting from top left going clockwise
Bottom: Intense liquid eyeliner in Sparkling Purple





The light taupe and medium taupe colors didn't interest me that much, but I really liked the bright silver color, dark shimmery grey and the lavender shade. The pigmentation was quite good with these shades and they went on smoothly. The sparkling purple eyeliner is nice accompaniment to the palette. Now I just have to make up my mind about the lip gloss pendant or wait till Sephora's Friends and Family at the end of this month~happening 10/19 -11/2, use code FF2009 for 20% off.

4 comments:

izumi said...

oooo looks like an interesting palette.. but i think.. i can be duped :\ or at least found in other palettes. that's what i have to think when i'm debating on a palette.. or ANY color for that matter.. "do i have something similar?" haha i found out i have 3 golds! but after swatching i decided i could justify all 3 xD

i really appreciate you taking time out of your day to look around for me<333

Tracy said...

oh my gosh! The palette looks so beautiful! Thanks for the swatches :)

Shop N' Chomp said...

Super pretty colors!

Marce said...

Oh god, why hadn't I found your blog before? Bookmarked it straigt away! I love this palette, it's gorgeous! I'll be sure to check it out...

Pages

Make-up reviews and other ramblings

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Stats