Saturday, January 23, 2010

YSL Paris Passion Spring 2010

I was pretty excited when I saw the YSL Spring Paris Passion 2010 collection. I always want pastel shadows to work for me but often they come off too chalky or just not vibrant enough for me so I had high hopes for the new 5 colour Parisian Sky palette. I wasn't completely disappointed but it didn't blow my socks off either.



The palette has shadows in Sky blue, grey blue, lilac, light pink and a dark purple brown.


The five colors are very soft, pigmentation was okay. On the eyes, the color seem to show up a bit better than the swatches; probably because I do wear lid primer but swatch without any primer. On fairer complexions the pastel colors would most likely show up even better. Of the 5 colours though; the purple brown color was strangely the most difficult color to get to show up when I was swatching.

Another item that caught my attention was the face powders. There was one that was listed as a highlighter shade and another listed as a blush shade. The highlighter contains shimmery shades while the blush has a softer finish. I picked the blush since the thought the highlighter would be too sheer for me. The packaging for the face powders are adorable. It comes with a small pouch and the address on the pouch is also printed on the outside of the compact.


A few new lip colors were also released. There were 2 new Golden glosses, 4 new Gloss volupte and 4 rouge volupte. I picked the Gloss volupte in Vanilla Pink and Rouge volupte in Faubourg Peach.


Swatches (left: Vanilla pink, Right: Faubourg peach)


Here's a comparative pic of Faubourg peach (on left) next to Tender peach (on right):


The Paris passion collection was pretty, but the eyeshadow and face powder didn't wow me as I would have liked although I do love the design for the blush. The new lip colors are quite pretty though and worth checking out since there are many new shades released.

5 comments:

Laura L said...

YSL haul? i heart the lipsticks!

birkinbagbeauty said...

wow, I love the lipsticks, especially that Faubourg peach. And that blush is totally delicious...

Bijin Blair said...

I love everything in this spring collection!!! Faubourg peach is so dreamy, the blush is perfectly packaged and the quint is just gorgeous!!!

izumi said...

mmmmmm, ysl :) very pretty lippies!

Shop N' Chomp said...

I love the face powder packaging! They sell this cute clutch in a similar design. Wants! ;)

Pages

Make-up reviews and other ramblings

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Stats