Sunday, April 19, 2009

Givenchy Sun Reflection Quad

I have to admit, for the most part I end up getting eye shadow quads from Givenchy because I am a sucker for a packaging. They somehow manage to come up with such cute designs for their quads. The colors in the pan look great, but usually they are just ok when I actually try to wear them. I was hesitant to get the latest quad and when I received the product, I almost decided to return it but I am so glad that I kept it.

Here's what the palette looks like:


Without and with flash.
They line on the side of the pic with flash is a cat whisker. Yes, I have a nosy kitty.

(After I took this pic, I went to move my quad without closing it and promptly dropped it and broke 2 shadows~my favorite colors too =/)

I wasn't very impressed. They looked kind of muted so was really tempted to return it, I figure I would take a tiny swatch and I was pleasantly surprised. The colors (a mossy green, silver blue, silver and coppery orange) are gorgeous. Each has such a pretty shimmery metallic. My favorite is the silver blue color, followed by the mossy green color. Very beachy feel to these colors and nice for summer without being bright or pastel-ish.





I am absolutely in love with this quad. Along with the great colors, they blend nicely and I haven't had any problems with creasing. I ordered the quad from Sephora.com. There are a few other new givenchy items available but this was the only one I decided to try since I don't like the purfumey taste of their lip glosses.

2 comments:

Mona said...

ahhhh! i want this quad now! >.<

fuzkittie said...

Those colors are really pretty! I imagine a great look done with the color combos!!

Pages

Make-up reviews and other ramblings

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Stats